It’s pretty safe to assume that every single organization uses Microsoft Excel to organize their company data. Since it’s inception over 2 decades ago, Excel has dominated the spreadsheet software market, and much of that is attributed to how easy the interface is to use.
If you’ve watched an Excel expert inputting data, you likely noticed how quickly they can fly through a spreadsheet. The secret to their success are keyboard shortcuts, so we compiled a list of them to help you polish your skills.
Beginner’s Excel Shortcuts
- Alt + N: Insert Tab
- Alt + H: Home Tab
- Alt + P: Page Layout Tab
- Alt + A: Data Tab
- Alt + W: View Tab
- Alt + M: Formula tab
Advanced Excel Shortcuts
- Ctrl + `: See all formulas within a worksheet at once ( ` is the symbol next to the 1 key)
- Ctrl + Shift + 7: Draw a quick border around a cell or collection of cells
- Ctrl + Shift + -: Remove border around cells ( – is the minus symbol)
- Ctrl + Alt + V, E, Enter: Flip a column of data to a row
- Ctrl + 1: Format any object in Excel
- Ctrl + A: Directions to build any formula
Excel Shortcuts for Formatting Numbers
- Ctrl + Shift + ~: General Format
- Ctrl + Shift + ^: Scientific Format
- Ctrl + Shift + $: Currency Format
- Ctrl + Shift + @: Time Format
- Ctrl + Shift + %: Percentage Format
- Ctrl + Shift + !: Number Format
- Ctrl + Shift + #: Date Format
Looking for more tips?
Contact the Stability Team! We not only provide educational seminars for businesses but can also answer any question through our contact center 24 hours of the day. Call (877) 344-0050 to learn more!